Last Updated: January 23, 2018
Thank you for using Furnished.lu!
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
There are three general categories of information we collect.
1.1 Information You Give Us
We collect information you share with us when you use the Furnished.lu Platform.
- Account Information. When you sign up for a Furnished.lu Account, we require certain information such as your name, email address, and date of birth.
- Profile Information. To use certain features within the Furnished.lu Platform, we may also ask you to complete a profile, which may include your address, phone number, and gender.
- Other Authentication-Related Information. To help create and maintain a trusted environment, we may collect identification (like a photo of your government-issued ID) or other authentication information.
- Payment Information. We collect your financial information (like your bank account or credit card information) when you use the Payment Services to process payments.
- Communications with Furnished.lu and other Members. When you communicate with Furnished.lu or use the Furnished.lu Platform to communicate with other Members, we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
- Other Information. You may otherwise choose to provide us information when you fill in a form, conduct a search, update or add information to your Furnished.lu Account, respond to surveys, participate in promotions, or use other features of the Furnished.lu Platform.
1.2 Information We Automatically Collect from Your Use of the Furnished.lu Platform
When you use the Furnished.lu Platform, we collect information about the services you use and how you use them.
- Usage Information. We collect information about your interactions with the Furnished.lu Platform, such as the pages or other content you view, your searches for Listings, bookings you have made, and other actions on the Furnished.lu Platform.
- Location Information. When you use certain features of the Furnished.lu Platform, we may collect different types of information about your general location (eg IP address, zip code) or more specific location information (eg precise location from your mobile GPS).Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services for applications in the device's settings menu.
- Log Data. We automatically collect log information when you use the Furnished.lu Platform, even if you have not created a Furnished.lu Account or logged in. That information includes, among other things: details about how you've used the Furnished.lu Platform (including links to third party applications), IP address, access times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information (eg, crashes, browser type), and the page you've viewed or engaged with before or after using the Furnished.lu Platform.
- Transaction Information. We collect information related to your transactions on the Furnished.lu Platform, including the date and time, amounts charged, and other related transaction details.
1.3 Information We Collect from Third Parties
We may collect information that others provide about you when they use the Furnished.lu Platform, or obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the Furnished.lu Platform.
- Third Party Services. If you link, connect, or login to your Furnished.lu Account with a third party service (eg, Facebook, Twitter), the third party service may send us information such as your registration and profile information from that service. This information varies and is controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service.
- Background Information. For Members in the United States, to the extent permitted by applicable laws, Furnished.lu may obtain reports from public records of criminal convictions or sex offender registrations. For Members outside of the United States, to the extent permitted by applicable laws, Furnished.lu may obtain the local version of background or registered sex offender checks. We may use your information, including your full name and date of birth, to obtain such reports.
- Other Sources. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data or fraud detection information, from third party service providers and/or partners, and combine it with information we have about you. For example, we may receive background check results or fraud warnings from service providers like identity verification services for our fraud prevention and risk assessment efforts. We may receive information about you and your activities on and off the Furnished.lu Platform through partnerships, or about your experiences and interactions from our partner ad networks.
2. HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use, store, and process information about you to provide, understand, improve, and develop the Furnished.lu Platform, and to create and maintain a trusted and safer environment.
2.1 Provide, Improve, and Develop the Furnished.lu Platform
- Enable you to access and use the Furnished.lu Platform.
- Enable you to communicate with other Members.
- Operate, protect, improve and optimize the Furnished.lu Platform and experience, such as by performing analytics and conducting research.
- Personalize or otherwise customize your experience by, among other things, ranking search results or showing ads based on your search, booking history, and preferences.
- Enable you to access and use the Payment Services.
- Provide customer service.
- Send you service or support messages, such as updates, security alerts, and account notifications.
- If you provide us with your contacts' information, we may use and store this information: (i) to facilitate your referral invitations, (ii) send your requests for references, (iii) for fraud detection and prevention, and (iv) for any purpose you authorize at the time of collection.
2.2 Create and Maintain a Trusted and Safer Environment
- Detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity.
- Conduct investigations and risk assessments.
- Verify or authenticate information or identifications provided by you (such as to verify your Accommodation address or compare your identification photo to another photo you provide).
- Conduct checks against databases and other information sources.
- Comply with our legal obligations.
2.3 Provide, Personalize, Measure, and Improve our Advertising and Marketing
- Send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your communication preferences (including information about Furnished.lu or partner campaigns and services).
- Personalize, measure, and improve advertising.
- Administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by Furnished.lu or its third party business partners.
3. SHARING & DISCLOSURE
3.1 With Your Consent
We may share your information at your direction or as described at the time of sharing, such as when you authorize a third party application or website to access your Furnished.lu Account.
3.2 Service Providers
3.3 Furnished.lu Payments
Furnished.lu Payments may share your personal information to: (i) provide the Payment Services, (ii) facilitate your use of the Furnished.lu Platform, and (iii) jointly market products or services to you with other financial third parties with whom Furnished.lu Payments has a formal agreement.You can unsubscribe or opt-out from receiving such marketing communications in your Account settings.
3.4 Safety and Compliance with Law
Furnished.lu may disclose your information to courts, law enforcement or governmental authorities, or authorized third parties, if and to the extent we are required to do so by law or if such disclosure is reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with legal process and to respond to claims asserted against Furnished.lu, (ii) to respond to verified requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability, (iii) to enforce and administer our Terms of Service or other agreements with Members, (iv) for fraud investigation and prevention, risk assessment, customer support, product development and debugging purposes, or (v) to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Furnished.lu, its employees, its Members, or members of the public.
We will attempt to notify Members about these requests unless: (i) providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law, or (ii) we believe that providing notice would be futile, ineffective, create a risk of injury or bodily harm to an individual or group, or create or increase a risk of fraud upon Furnished.lu's property, its Members and the Platform (collectively, “Risk Scenarios”). In instances where we comply with legal requests without notice for these reasons, we will attempt to notify that Member about the request after the fact if we determine in good faith that we are no longer legally prohibited from doing so and that no Risk Scenarios apply.
We may display parts of the Furnished.lu Platform (eg, your Listing page) on sites operated by Furnished.lu's business partners, using technologies such as widgets or APIs. If your Listings are displayed on a partner's site, information from your public profile page may also be displayed.
3.6 Host Information Provided to Business Travel Program Customers
If a booking is designated as being for business purposes and made by a Guest affiliated with a company or other organization enrolled in our Business Travel Program (either or both an “Enterprise”), we may disclose information related to the booking to the Enterprise, such as the name of the Host, the Accommodation address, pricing, Listing details, and other related information. At the request of the Enterprise, we may also share this information with third parties engaged by it to provide travel management, financial reporting, personnel management, crisis management, or other services.
3.7 Aggregated Data
We may also share aggregated information (information about our users that we combine together so that it no longer identifies or references an individual user) and non-personally identifiable information for industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
4. OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
4.1 Analyzing your Communications
We may review, scan, or analyze your communications on the Furnished.lu Platform for fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research, and customer support purposes. For example, as part of our fraud prevention efforts, we scan and analyze messages to mask contact information and references to other websites. In some cases, we may also scan, review, or analyze messages to debug, improve, and expand product offerings. We use automated methods where reasonably possible. However, occasionally we may need to manually review some communications, such as for fraud investigations and customer support, or to assess and improve the functionality of these automated tools. We will not review, scan, or analyze your communications to send third party marketing messages to you, and we will not sell reviews or analyses of these communications.
4.2 Linking Third Party Accounts
You may link your Furnished.lu Account with your account at a third party social networking service. Your contacts on these third party services are referred to as “Friends.” When you create this link:
- some of the information you provide to us from the linking of your accounts may be published on your Furnished.lu Account profile;
- your activities on the Furnished.lu Platform may be displayed to your Friends on the Furnished.lu Platform and/or that third party site;
- a link to your public profile on that third party social networking service may be included in your Furnished.lu public profile;
- other Furnished.lu users may be able to see any common Friends that you may have with them, or that you are a Friend of their Friend if applicable;
- other Furnished.lu users may be able to see any schools, hometowns or other groups you have in common with them as listed on your linked social networking service;
- the information you provide to us from the linking of your accounts may be stored, processed and transmitted for fraud prevention and risk assessment purposes; and
- the publication and display of information that you provide to Furnished.lu through this linkage is subject to your settings and authorizations on the Furnished.lu Platform and the third party site.
4.3 Google Maps/Earth
5. THIRD PARTY PARTNERS & INTEGRATIONS
The Furnished.lu Platform may contain links to third party websites or services, such as third party integrations, co-branded services, or third party-branded services (“Third Party Partners”). Furnished.lu doesn't own or control these Third Party Partners and when you interact with them, you may be providing information directly to the Third Party Partner, Furnished.lu, or both. These Third Party Partners will have their own rules about the collection, use, and disclosure of information. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of the other websites you visit.
6. YOUR CHOICES
6.1 Access and Update
You may review, update, or delete the information in your Furnished.lu Account by logging into your Furnished.lu Account and reviewing your Account settings and profile.
6.2 Account Cancellation
For information on how to cancel your Furnished.lu Account, please send an email at email@example.com explaining the reasons for cancelling the account, we will then proceed to verify your identity and take the required steps to cancel the account. Note that information that you have shared with others (like Reviews or forum postings) may continue to be publicly visible on the Furnished.lu Platform in association with your first name, even after your Furnished.lu Account is cancelled.
6.3 EU and Japan Residents: Review and Update Your Information
If you reside in the EU or Japan, you may request in writing copies of your personal information held by us. We will provide you with a copy of the personal information held by us as soon as practicable, and in any event not more than 40 days after receiving a valid request in writing. There may be a charge to access your personal data (which will not exceed €6.35 in Ireland and £10 in the United Kingdom, and will not be applicable in Japan). We may request proof of identification to verify your access request.
If your personal information that we hold is inaccurate, let us know and we will update the relevant information. You may also request the erasure of your personal information in accordance with the relevant data protection legislation. We will notify you within 40 days of your valid request about the relevant action taken.
Requests in this section should be addressed to:
228 Route d’Esch
6.4 EU Residents: Access and Challenge Information Provided to Us By Third Parties
You are entitled to see and challenge information third parties provide to us as part of our fraud detection, prevention and risk assessment efforts if all of the following factors apply: (i) we use third parties to carry out automated checks or risk assessments, (ii) we make a decision which has legal consequences for you or which significantly affects you, and (iii) such decision is based solely on such automated checks or risk assessments.
Requests should be addressed to:
228 Route d’Esch
We may request proof of identification to verify your request.
We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration. However, the Internet is not a 100% secure environment so we can't guarantee the security of the transmission or storage of your information.
If you have any questions or complaints about this
contact us at:
228 Route d’Esch
You may also email us.